Saturday 30 August 2008

Applique and Nursery Rhymes part ii

okay, here are a couple more blocks from the same quilt.
have you noticed that none of them have eyes yet?! also each is supposed to have the nursery rhyme title embrodered across the top. I particularly like the fabric I used for the water in the 'owl and pussycat' picture.

have drawn, cutout, ironed onto fabric, cutout, ironed onto background fabric the middle block this week. hoping to get most of it stitched this week, then I have only 1 block left - oh and all the little 'finishes' on each block like the eyes!. The eyes are supposed to be buttons, but not sure if I will do this, as buttons aren't really baby friendly.

not a lot really to update on the craft front due to things at work. but thought I should still post anyway!

Emma - I responded to your question as a comment, in hindsight, I think I should have emailed you???

1 comment:

Emma said...

I had wondered about the eyes! As for answering questions; I usually do it in the comments; it's easier and I figure if the person really wants to know the answer, they'll tick the box to be notified of follow-up comments (you just have to be signed in before you go to comment).